Applications are accepted online through the SOPHAS website, the Centralized Application Service for Public Health. Search for Virginia Commonwealth University to find our programs. VCU also requires a secondary application.
The code for submitting GRE scores to VCU through SOPHAS is 7543. GRE score are not required for all degree programs.
Please review the admission requirements for your degree program before applying.
Supplemental Application Information
All applicants must complete a VCU Supplemental Application in addition to the SOPHAS application.
The VCU Supplemental Information Application is a secondary application that is required for reporting numerical and demographic data to the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) on applications and acceptances to VCU. It is the source of information for determining in-state or out-of-state residency and also enters all applicants in the VCU database and assigns them a V number, an identification number used by the University.
To complete this application to supplement your SOPHAS application, applicants need to do the following:
- Create an account with a Login ID and PIN. (Be sure to save your Login and PIN for later reference.)
- Select “SOPHAS-supplemental” in the drop-down box.
- For admission term, select fall and the year you expect to enroll.
- Enter your first and last name (middle name is optional, but if an applicant has a common last name, including your middle name can be helpful).
- You must indicate whether you have applied previously and type in your SOPHAS identification number.
- Enter your permanent address.
- Enter your person information including:
- Citizenship status
- Email address (requested twice to avoid entry errors)
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number (SSN)—not required, but needed if you plan to use financial aid.
- Under “Previous College,” enter the College School Code using the look-up feature of the college or university from which you have (or will receive) your bachelor’s and any other degrees, such as master’s degrees or professional degrees.
- Under “Additional Information,” answer the three questions about disciplinary action and military status.
- Complete the information on the VA In-state Tuition Application page to qualify for In-state Tuition. This is a lengthy form, but must be completed fully for you to be considered eligible for in-state tuition.
The residency information includes:
- Current address and any former addresses within the last 2 years
- Dependency information
- Domicile information
- Military information
- Spouse/Parent/Guardian information
- Spouse/Parent/Legal Guardian current and former address information
- Spouse/Parent/Legal Guardian tax information
- Spouse/Parent/Legal Guardian military information
A checklist at the end of the form will indicate whether all required information has been recorded before you make your final submission and pay the supplementary application fee.